FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Visit 1, Assessment (roughly 2 hours): During the first visit our expert will conduct a comprehensive assessment. Because every floor is unique, it is important to put together a detailed diagnosis that reflects your floor’s exact situation. This will enable the crew to apply the exact process required for your situation.
Visit 2, Repair Project (between 1 and 3 visits): Employing the exact prescription created during the assessment, the crew works with precision and care to eliminate the squeaks in your floor. This attention to detail will require the necessary time. We suggest requesting a more accurate time estimate during the assessment.
As confident as we are in our process, we have to be careful with statements that claim “perfect” results. We hope that our clients’ testimonials will give you further confidence in our results. Find them here.
The Assessment process is arguably as important as the repair project itself. Our know-how, specialized equipment and years of experience with squeaky floors, stairs and internal floor structures are employed to help identify exactly the cause of the squeaks in your particular floor. Watch this video to find out more.
It’s worth noting that the assessment price is included in the project price. However, when a client is only interested in an assessment of their floor, we charge for our expert’s time.
We warranty the agreed upon squeaky areas for a full year. We also offer an extended warranty for up to five years at a yearly fee. Please ask about it during the Assessment.
Our process does not however, prevent new squeaks from forming in the vicinity of the fixed area. It is worth mentioning though, that from our experience, fixing one area of the floor does help prevent nearby squeaks from forming.
- You have heritage floors, or have floors with sentimental value
- Your floor is brand new, it squeaks, and it makes no sense to replace it
- Your house value is not as high as it could be, because a few spots of the floor squeak loudly
- Your lifestyle cannot accommodate major renovations, you need a quick and clean solution
- Allergies or health reasons do not allow you to renovate and raise dust
- For environmental reasons, you know that replacing your floor will create too much waste and will require a lot of new resources
- Noise is coming from a specific patch of floor, and is bothering you
- All previous attempts to silence your floor have not lasted
Before the Repair Project the client should clear the floor surface of loose items as well as furniture that obstruct the floor surface. We also appreciate a clear path to the area of work.